Our services in copyright registration
- Provision of professional opinions and advice in relation to registration of copyright and related copyright;
- Advising, preparation, drafting, filing and prosecution of registration of copyright and related copyright;
- Provision of professional opinions and advice in relation to license and assignment of copyright and related copyright;
- Appeal and cancellation;
- Proceedings before the judicial authorities.
How to register copyright or related right in Vietnam?
Condition of copyright registration
A Work shall be registered its owner’s copyright if it does meet the following conditions:
- The ideas of the Work shall be presented particularly in a visible material
- The Work shall be original (Be made directly by the author without copying from any other works or people).
Required information and document
- Original Power of Attorney (POA) from the Applicant;
- Information of the author such as: Full name, Identify Card Number, Current address, permanent address; …
- Information of the Works such as: Name, the date of publication (if any), the place of Publication (if any); …
- Business registration certificate or establishment certificate (if applicant is association or organization);
- Written promise of being ownership of the work of the applicant;
- Some other specialized document with each specified aspect.
Note: The POA must be signed by the applicant or a duly authorized representative on behalf of the Applicant and no further notarization or legalization is required.
Duration of copyright protection
- The following rights are protected forever:
- Right to give titles to their works.
- Right to attach their real names or pseudonyms to their works; to have their real names or pseudonyms acknowledged when their works are published or used.
- Right to protect the integrity of their works; and to forbid other persons to modify, edit or distort their works in whatever form, causing harm to the honor and reputation of the author.
The following rights are protected within the stipulated duration in law
- Right to make derivative works;
- Right to display their works to the public;
- Right to reproduce their works;
- Right to distribute or import the original or copies of their works;
- Right to communicate their works to the public by wireless or landline means, electronic information networks or other technical means;
- Right to lease the original or copies of cinematographic works and computer programs;
- Right to reproduce their works.
The protection duration of each type of Work with the above rights shall be different. In particularly, cinematographic works, photographic works, stage works, applied art works and anonymous works shall have a term of protection of fifty (50) years as from the date of first publication. Other work shall be protected for the whole life of the author and for fifty (50) years after his or her death.